Sunday, January 02, 2011

Take 5 in 2011

Let us start this new year with a legendary jazz piece: Paul Desmond's "Take Five"; recall first the original instrumental version, superbly interpreted here by The Dave Brubeck Quartet, exactly 5 decades ago. Once you've got the feeling, proceed to the vocal variant--with lyrics by Iola and Dave Brubeck-- to capture the whole message; one of my favorite versions must be the very creative Dave Brubeck- Al Jarreau '97 get-together, the first and likely the only time they performed on the same stage.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Nnicu said...

esteee!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late to this post - but I saw Dave Brubeck do this live in Seattle last year. He is incredible, not even counting how OLD he is.

Sebi Buhai said...

You are very lucky, indeed. My reservation price for a live Brubeck concert in Chicago is basically unbounded. Towards the end of last year he was apparently touring in Cleveland, NYC etc, anywhere BUT Chicago...