- Dungeness Crab ~ Local and Seasonal
• Endive, Poached Claw, Aïoli
• Butter Roasted, Whole Leg, Espelette
• Cioppino, Backfin Meat, Tinkerbell Peppers.
I paired the starter with a glass of fantastic Bernard Morey Chassagne Montrachet "Embrazées" 1er Cru 2006. Definitely worth its price :-).
- Liberty Valley Duck ~ Foie Gras
• Breast, Parsnip Purée, Star Anise Jus
• Seared Foie Gras, Pink Lady Apples, Laird Brandy Gastrique
• Leg Rillettes, Apple Butter, Wild Man Mixed Greens
I assorted the entrée with an intriguing glass of Whetstone Pinot Noir "Jon Boat", Sonoma Coast 2006.
Read here more, in case you will happen to pass by San Francisco and decide not to miss Mina's culinary delights: the starter+entrée dinner menu, the dessert menu, the great (this label does not cover the prices, unfortunately...) wine menus--reds, whites. The 6-course seasonal tasting menu with wine pairings looked also extremely tempting.
The economist in me: (truly deserved) Michelin 2-star dinner (see also here), for 245 dollars, gratuity included (and wine accounting for half the bill). One of the best restaurant deals I've ever made.