Thursday, December 20, 2007

Best phrase I've read today


As a protest vote, Ron Paul seems fine, but hearing him or reading about him just makes me depressed. A good rule of thumb is not to get too excited about any candidate whose actual election would make the Dow lose thousands of points.



For the whole context, see Tyler Cowen's excellent recent post. I would have actually phrased it more bluntly: Ron Paul is a lunatic with several very good ideas. Cowen's post on MR also contains a link to an "alternative" view of Alina Stefanescu, post which, otherwise interesting, is at best very naive. I do mention this because, for some reason, somebody in the roblosphere seems to have associated me (my blog), at some point, in a totally different context, with her (her blog). Now that I've actually read one of her posts, I confess that I find the comparison above utterly uninspired, to say the least...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, how ill informed you are. MSM keeping you up late at night?

Sebi Buhai said...

Thanks for dropping by, that must have been quite an effort... actually leaving a comment...despite its being void of actual content...

As for what keeps me up at night, one thing I can assure you of: it's not Ron Paul :-).

Cheers, mate