Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sundance Festival '07: The Jury Prize for International Short Filmmaking goes to Radu Jude's "Lampa cu Caciula" ("The Tube with the Hat")

See the full list of prizes for jury and audience awards, among which Radu Jude's Romanian film "Lampa cu Caciula" (the Tube with the Hat). And see this (23 min long) film here - spoken in Romanian, with subtitles in English (you can watch all short films participating here). I got the information about Jude's award and the link for his movie via Hotnews.

I am quite impressed by the fact that this film won such an award, since the story might very well not tell a lot to those from outside Romania. For me it is special, since it does remind me about those times back in the 80's and early 90's when I was just as eager to see my favourite TV program at no matter what cost (and indirect or direct pressure on my parents), just as the kid from the movie. In fact my parents did keep somewhere our old tube TV, from those times; it "works" even now: if you hit it now and then, are patient enough and do not want to use it for more than an hour :-). I certainly recommend you to watch this excellent short movie.

No comments: