Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If you didn't know what manualists are...

There's no way I'm gonna call this "music", but it can go in my "fun" blog-category. Playing songs with your hands... Here's Michael Blowhard with the story. And a bunch of extra "manualist clips" from YouTube. Take for instance James Brown's "I feel good"- this guy certainly looks like having fun :-). You decide whether these people face a creativity crisis (though it's gotta be a chronic one given that it goes on for almost 4 decades!) or it's more than that :-).


Update: This one is by far my favourite (though this version is somewhat better; from all points of view: ah, women with personality! :-))!

2 comments:

Dan Anghel said...

Excellent! Isn't this guy hurting his hands? I guess not since he says he's been doing this for 37 years:) But I think it can go into music, there even are more minimalist kinds of music... I guess:)))

Sebi Buhai said...

Neah, if you want to place it somewhere within music, it'd be the kitschiest kitsch there ever existed (but, to agree with you, that doesn't mean there can be far worse and I'm particularly thinking of instances where the mass, in majority, would actually call those acts music and they'd be promoted accordingly...) :-). Fun for when one's very bored, I'd say :-).