Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Your life story in 6 words (no more, no less)

Via the Freakonomics blog (entry by Dubner). And you might even win that Ipod if you choose to compete. Though I think it's hard to beat Stephen Dubner's "On the seventh word, he rested". I chose not to compete since it so happens that I seem to totally lack inspiration in this context and I don't think I can get much better before the deadline (I wonder how much time it took Dubner to come up with his story, that is brilliant!). The best two I could come up with (anything original was far below these...) are two very famous song lines that I know anytime (of course I can also sing the whole songs for you at any moment, should you wish for that :-)).

1. I travelled each and every highway (Frank Sinatra, My Way)
2. Come on, baby, light my fire! (The Doors, Light my Fire)

And here's my best shot to get such a 'life story' in 6 words in Romanian. Fortunately I know again two famous quotes by heart, one is a thought by a famous Romanian poet, the other one the first verse of a Romanian song by a famous band, Phoenix):

1. Tot ceea ce are timp exista (Nichita Stanescu).
2. Imi simt sufletul mugur de fluier (Phoenix, 'Mugur de Fluier')

Your turn now, it is an interesting exercise for 5-10 minutes :-)

No comments: