Monday, February 19, 2007

Best thing I've read in the last couple of weeks

....is John Rust's Comments on Michael Keane's "Structural vs. Atheoretic Approaches to Econometrics". Perhaps too strong in some parts (though I can understand why), but simply great overall (inter alia, possibly the best defence of structural econometrics I've seen so far- for sure the clearest and most concise one). I am still reading the (excellent so far) article by Keane (forthcoming in the Journal of Econometrics, see a working version here).

Thanks to Nicolai for pointing out to me Keane's paper and Rust's comments on it.

PS. Reading Rust's short paper mentioned above, one also has a better idea of which parts of Rubinstein's critic to Levitt and Dubner's 'Freakonomics' I agree with, to link with my previous post.

No comments: