Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dining "Acasa", in the Big Apple

Andy (see the comments section to this post on 'Csikszereda musings') draws my attention to this very interesting review in the NYT, of the Romanian restaurant "Acasa", from Queens, New York. The reviewer seems to be quite impressed. Not bad, although I would choose other dishes as best dishes (should there be others of quality at this place)- I keep only the pickled red peppers there- rather than "Caviar spread; meatball appetizer; grilled lamb with mamaliga; mamaliga with egg and sour cream; pickled red peppers." I also notice the correction to the article, from yesterday :-). In all cases, here's a question for Carmen: have we been to this restaurant or to another one on the same street, last time when I visited NYC? I really can't remember. And a proposal to everybody: let's gather all suggestions for Romanian dishes (both Romanian and English name required). I plan to come back with an entry on this topic and it wouldn't be bad to have some input from more people, with various tastes. I would also welcome any links for Romanian restaurants reviews from all over the world.

No comments: